If you wish to become a member, you must agree to the membership terms and conditions below.
CORPORATE TERMS OF SERVICE AND LETTER OF CONSENT
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these Terms of Service for Expert’s Untact Consulting System (the “TOS”) is to set forth necessary terms and conditions on the general use of services between National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA; the “Company”) and a party using overseas market research services (the “Service”) of the Company (the “User”)
Article 2 (Notice of TOS and Effect)
- ① The provisions of this TOS shall take effect upon notified to members by being posted on web service screen or through other methods.
- ② The Company may amend this TOS as necessary such as for improving the use of the Service, and the amended TOS shall take effect upon notice by the same method described in Paragraph 1.
- ③ User registration shall refer to the act of registering in conformity with the web service format with the intention to use the service provided by the Company. The Company shall have power to change the terms and contents of the web service, at any time, in whole or in part, with or without notification. The User shall check any change of the terms and contents of the web service in using the Service on a frequent basis and make sure not to be disrupted in the use thereof. The User may not raise an objection on the grounds that he/she has failed to give a quick response or has not been notified on any change of the contents, etc.
Article 3 (Definition of the Service and Targeted Users)
- ① The Service is a free service by which the Expert gives consultation on overseas market information as requested by users for their expansion to the overseas market.
- ② The Service may be used by subscribers who are registered as members after consenting on the ‘Terms of Service for Using the Expert’s Untact Consulting System’ (the “User”).
Article 4 (Methods of Providing the Service)
- ① The consulting service shall be made untact (via video call, chat, report) by foreign experts and finished by the relevant single research except for any circumstances where the Company acknowledges that there are reasons to carry out second research.
- ② The consultation shall be provided in English in principle, and there is no duty to provide translation services.
- ③ Depending on the Expert’s capability and local circumstances, there may be some items on which information cannot be provided.
- ④Other detailed matters necessary for the provision of consulting services may be notified separately.
Article 5 (Fees for the Service; Expenses Bearing and Period of Research)
- ① Consulting fees for the Service shall be subject to government aid, and the consulting fees shall be discussed between the Company and the Expert.
- ② The User shall separately bear services other than basic consulting services. Service fees other than for the basic consulting services shall be discussed between the Expert and the User.
- ③ Duration of the Service shall be as specified in the following table. If any additional information is needed after the end of consultation, the Service may be additionally extended for 1 time. The User may use the Service by selecting 1 of 3 consulting methods.
Information on service types and duration. Type of Consulting, Duration/Volume Type of Consulting Duration/Volume
- ①Online chat
- ②Video call
30 ~ 60 mins ③Report At least 1,500 English words
(Submitted within 2 weeks from the date of applying for consultation)
- ④ Timing of an online chat and video call shall be determined in consultation of the User and the Expert, and consultation by report shall be provided within 2 weeks from the User’s request, in principle.
Article 6 (Second Research)
① For a completed project, second research is not conducted, in principle; provided, however, that the second research may be conducted in any of the following cases as determined in each of the following paragraphs:
- 1. In the event where a research on the entire target information requested by the User cannot be conducted, second research may be conducted within the possible scope by re-confirming the change in circumstances.
- 2. In the event where the Company deems that the research is impossible due to local circumstances or is unnecessary due to lack of marketability, the research may be suspended or withdrawn, and second research shall be carried out in whole or in part depending on the degree of the research.
- 3. In the event where the User raises an objection against the research and the Company consents thereto, the second research or cancellation of consultation will be made.
- ② If the Company deems that the information researched and responded information differs from what was requested by the User or that there is any error in the research, the second research may be initiated only for 1 time within 2 weeks from the end of consultation.
- ③ The User may request an after-sales service in connection with insufficient consultation.
Article 7 (Obligations of the User)
- ① The User is obliged to provide the Company with the information required for research in Korean/English versions and in particular send English catalogues or product instructions, etc. to the Company at the request of the Company, if any.
- ② The person whose name is in the identification information provided for the User registration shall be identical to the User who actually uses the Service. In case of detecting any activities to assign, grant, or otherwise provide as collateral any right or obligation under this provision without the Company’s prior written consent, the Company may take measures in accordance with its internal regulations, and any and all responsibilities therefrom shall be borne by the User.
- ③ If the User finds it difficult to normally proceed with consulting due to unexpected reasons, the User shall notify the Expert of the occurrence of a cause for the cancellation of transaction without delay. Further, if there is a request for cancellation by the Expert, the User shall deliver his/her intention of cancellation as well as relevant causes to the Expert within 24 hours for the accepted request.
- ⑤ The Company may request the User to modify his/her request for information for the purpose of proceeding with smooth consulting services, and the User shall consent on this.
Article 8 (Registration of Service)
- ① The registration of the Service shall be made when the User prepares and submits to the Company a registration form provided by the Company.
- ② The User shall not use his/her ID or other member’s ID to register more than two services which are practically identical in their service details and conditions (“Identical Service”). For any registration in breach thereof, the Company may take necessary measures such as by suspending the duplicate services registered by means of specific procedures for the purpose of improving service search efficiency, etc.
Article 9 (Application and Submission of Service)
The application for the Service shall be made by preparing and submitting to the Company an application form provided by the Company; provided, however, that the details of the requested research shall be determined after a full consultation with the Company before or after submitting the above application form.
Article 10 (Completion of Service)
- ① When the User clicks [Completion of Consultation] on the service screen, the Company shall deposit the payment as the Expert’s proceeds.
- ② If there is any express of intention by the User to get a refund or exchange after the Company’s settlement of the proceeds, such issue shall be resolved by the Expert and the User, and the Company shall not interfere in or be liable for the issue.
- ③ If the Expert is confirmed to have provided inappropriate services or have acquired the proceeds using unfair or unjust methods, or is suspected to have engaged in any activity equivalent thereto, the Company may choose to withhold the remittance of the proceeds up to 120 days or not to mediate the deposit/withdrawal of the sales price. In such a case, if the User provides the Company with relevant documents including evidential materials for transactions, the Company shall make a remittance after checking them.
Article 11 (Expert Rating System)
- ① In the case of “Completion of Consultation”, the User may rate the level of satisfaction on the relevant transaction and make reviews. This shall be done in on the transaction screen in accordance with the items and stages set by the Company, and contents thereof will be reflected on the ratings of the relevant service and the Expert.
- ② Reviews may only be written by the User who were provided with the Service.
- ③ Reviews are not open to the public, in principle.
- ④ The Company may conduct the Expert assessment based on the satisfaction rating and reviews, and take necessary measures including restriction of the Service based on the result of the assessment.
Article 12 (Restriction on Use of the Service)
- ① All consultation services shall be provided after the Company’s preliminary review, and the use of the Service may be restricted in any of the following cases; provided, however, that the use of the Service shall be restricted in principle in case of the cause in subparagraph 10:
- 1. The research target is an item that is subject to restriction of exports/imports by the relevant country;
- 2. Marketability of the relevant country is weak or there is no agency that imports the relevant item;
- 3. The research target is an item that has already been investigated within 3 months;
- 4. The research may cause disputes on intellectual property right;
- 5. Excessive competition between Korean companies (referring to the companies of which principal offices are located in the Republic of Korea) are expected in a specific region due to the research target;
- 6. Research performance is practically impossible during the given period of research due to special circumstances;
- 7. Research is against the purpose of this business or may possibly breach business ethics and local laws such as the research on luxurious consumables for import purposes;
- 8. It is deemed that the User’s request for research may be possibly abused for any mere re-sale of information to a third party or any equivalent sale after processing
- 9. The User has not submitted materials required for the research;
- 10. Other member’s ID has been unjustly used
Article 13 (The Company’s Disclaimer, Etc.)
- ① Report on research results shall be used for reference only in the User’s business performance and not be used for other purposes.
- ② Information provided by the Company shall be utilized for reference purposes in consideration of that it may include partial error or fallacy, and the Company shall not be held liable within the said scope.
- ③ Depending on the Expert’s capability and local circumstances, there may be some items on which information cannot be provided or is insufficient, for which the Company shall not be held responsible.
- ④ The Company’s provision of the information on an overseas importation agency to the User shall not constitute the Company’s guarantee of conclusion of transaction between the User and the overseas importation agency.
- ⑤ The Company shall not be held liable for any general issue arising from the User not recognizing the above Paragraphs 1 to 4.
Article 14 (Copyright of the Service)
Copyright to the report on research results and the contents of the Service shall be vested in the Company, and reprint and resale thereof without permission shall be prohibited.
Article 15 (Non-disclosure Period of Report on Research Results)
The Company shall not externally disclose the report on research results for the period of 3 months as of the time point the report is delivered to the User.
Article 16 (Suspension of the Service)
The Company may suspend the provision of the Service in any of the following cases:
- ① In unavoidable situations for the maintenance and repair of facilities, etc;
- ② In case of stoppage of the telecommunication services by a facilities-based telecommunications business operator prescribed under the Telecommunications Business Act; or
- ③ In case of any other causes where the Company may not provide the Service.
Article 17 (Establishment of Terms of Service Contract)
- ① Clicking the “Consent” button after reading the TOS shall be deemed a consent to the TOS.
- ② Terms of Service contract shall be established upon entering the membership information and selecting completion.
- ③ Any person who desires to use the Service by signing up for membership shall provide the membership information requested by the Company.
Article 18 (Amendment)
In case of amending this TOS, the Company shall give notice at least 7 days in advance, or at least 30 days in advance if the amendment is not favorable to consumers.
Article 19 (Dispute Resolution)
- ① The Company and the Expert shall make best endeavors required to resolve any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Service in an amicable way.
- ② Notwithstanding the foregoing, if litigation is filed between the Company and the members, the competent court under the Civil Procedure Act of the Republic of Korea shall be the court of exclusive jurisdiction.
This TOS shall be effective from November 15, 2021.
Do you agree to the membership terms above?